ADVERTISEMENT

Preview: Going for #20

svw311

Feix Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2012
The Hilltoppers are going for win number 20 tonight against UT-Arlington, a team that just got throttled at home against Georgia State by 28 points and lost by 23 two-games ago at Arkansas State. They did manage to squeeze in a 75-71 win at UALR in between those losses.

Once again, as was the case with Texas State, I expect this to be another tough, grind-it-out game against a team that played WKU close at Diddle back on January 30th (77-72 win for WKU).

The Hilltoppers will need to avoid any significant scoring droughts on Saturday night, they got away with it against Texas State, but this UTA team has a lot more talent on the floor with multiple scorers in Reger Dowell, Lonnie McClanahan, and Brandon Edwards.

If WKU goes five minutes without scoring a point, it won't end well in my opinion. Coming back from a 12-point deficit in the second half is a nice story and all, but it's also a story that won't have a happy ending a majority of the time.

The Hilltoppers also need more production from the Hustle-and-Flow Gang (Hulsey, Adeoye, Akamune, and Harris), with the exception of Harris, the other three combined for three points and nine rebounds against Texas State.

It will also be interesting to see if Daouda Soumaoro will reprise his role as a starter after an uninspired five minutes of action where he failed to score and failed to grab a rebound. I say, give him another start. It was his first start on the road and he simply didn't play to standards, throw him back in the fire and let the big man throw flames.

As for T.J. Price, Trency Jackson, and George Fant - keep doing your thing fellas.

My prediction: WKU 67, UTA 65

Sean Williams
InsideHilltopperSports.com
@SeanW_Rivals

This post was edited on 3/1 9:36 AM by svw311

ADVERTISEMENT