ADVERTISEMENT

#ProToppers: Antonio Andrews = Fantasy Superstar?

Jun 6, 2015
I don't know what it is about the fine folks at USA Today, but they love themselves some former Hilltoppers. Remember back in February when they did this little feature on Jeremy Evans? Yeah, that was awesome.

Well, yesterday they struck again, when Cory Bonini of the FantasyScore (USAT's fantasy section) put words together in the form of sentences and paragraphs about Antonio Andrews. More specifically, Bonini looks at Andrews as a potential fantasy sleeper in 2015.

And "potential" is the key word there. A majority of the article, unfortunately, focuses on the battles A.A. has in the way of not only a starting spot, but playing time at all. With names like David Cobb and Dexter McCluster in front of Andrews, not even to mention Bishop Sankey, who is most likely the starter coming into training camp and was mentioned in the article before Antonio himself.

But there is good news in the article after all. In his first paragraph that talks about Andrews, Bonini has this to say about one of Bowling Green's favorites:

...he is a bowling ball and stands the best chance of this corps [Cobb, McCluster, Jalston Fowler, Connor Neighbors] to wrestle away significant carries from Sankey.
More good news abounds in the next couple of paragraphs, where Bonini says the Titans are expected to take a "long look" at Da 5 in the preseason, and refers to him as a "two-down workhorse."

So, for that fantasy prediction - the long and short of it (you should go read the article for yourself, so I refuse to give anything away. Bonini will thank me later, I'm sure) is that Andrews isn't going to wrestle those carries away from Sankey in week one. If A.A. does become the star, it'll take a few weeks. But I love this last line of the piece:

...but forward-thinking fantasy owners have a chance to beat their competition to a possible steal.

Wham, slam, thank you ma'am. Antonio Andrews, fantasy football MVP, 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT