svw311

Feix Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2012
A few interesting quotes coming out of Tuesday's press conference:

Head coach Ray Harper
On Caden Dickerson:
- "He's just a winner and one of those guys that plays the game the right way."
- "He played through pain and probably played when he shouldn't have. With him, you know what you're gonna get every night."

On O'Karo Akamune:
- "He's an energy guy, plays with tremendous effort and gives us great plays."
- "We need him to get back to getting us those 8 or 9 points these last few games."

On Brandon Harris' role:
-"He should have been the starting point guard from the beginning, but he wasn't there and we found other guys that were better. Bottom line."
-"He's got to give us something on the defensive end. That's what we need from him, and to make open shots as we go down the stretch."

On final two games:
- "We're playing the two best teams in the league. This will be two great tests for us as we get ready for the conference tournament."
- "Pretty much all teams in the conference have done a good job protecting their home court, except us."

On season:
- "I could see us start making improvements, then we'd take a step back."
- "Alex and Kevin, what we've lost with those two are basketball savvy and toughness."
- "We've got to get more production from guys other than T.J. and George. We've got to get production out of Daouda, O'Karo, Aaron, and Ben. Yes, I said Ben. Ben is going to play these last two games."

On free throw troubles:
- "Free throws just slow the game down, when you get seven fouls, give 'em two points and go the other way," he jokingly said.
- "If Saban can petition the 10-second rule, I'm going to try for the free-throw rule. Hopefully, we'll get a ruling back by Thursday."

O'Karo Akamune:
About senior night
- "I'm excited (about Thursday). I'm really just appreciative I've come this far and excited for the opportunity."
- "I'm just appreciative of the friends I've made and the connections I've made."

The rest of the season

- "We've got the opportunity to get the #2 seed, we need to go out there and take advantage of it."
- "We had a team meeting yesterday, no coaches. Just telling everyone we need to dig in deep."

Brandon Harris:
About senior night
- "Sad day, but a great day. It will be a great day to go out there and play to the best of our abilities."
On his play this season
- "I felt I've done the best I can do. I'll do anything Coach wants me to do."

This post was edited on 3/4 3:05 PM by svw311

ADVERTISEMENT