ADVERTISEMENT

Western- Murray State

Feb 19, 2015
Why did the Hilltoppers not want to play the Racers anymore? A great series and a great trip for both teams. Wonder if Harper is mad as he was overlooked by Murray in the past for their head job. This series needs to be played as it is good for basketball in this end of the state. Job security of not!

Reactions: joeprincefan
I don't think it's a permanent end to the rivalry. There's a chance they'll play at the Gulf Coast Showcase in November, and if the series gets renewed this year, then WKU will go to 3 OVC schools in 2016, which they don't want to do. I don't necessarily agree with that mind set, because of all the crap I give schools like WhoK for not going to little guys, but I kind of understand. It'll be back, though.

They need to play the Racers, a good old rival and good for both schools at the gate. If you cannot beat them drop them?

Why did the Hilltoppers not want to play the Racers anymore? A great series and a great trip for both teams. Wonder if Harper is mad as he was overlooked by Murray in the past for their head job. This series needs to be played as it is good for basketball in this end of the state. Job security of not!

I agree with you, the series is great for Kentucky basketball on this side of the state. I think we'll see the rivalry renewed, unfortunately, it will be down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT