ADVERTISEMENT

WKU branching out in state of TN

svw311

Feix Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2012
Last night, I was down at Columbia Central (Tn) high school helping VandySports.com with a piece on one of their top targets in TE Jackson Harris, but I also found out WKU special teams/cornerbacks coach Ricky Brumfield had just recently been down there and talked with a couple of their other players in '15 RB Mario Williams and '15 TE Daydrean Baugh.

Williams is a bit undersized at running back, but he can fly in the open field, is shifty with his feet, and has good vision to find the open running lanes. I think he ended up scoring five touchdowns last night in their spring game, three of those were long touchdown runs. He rushed for 950 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, Brumfield talked with him about attending one of their summer camps.

Here is Williams in action

Baugh is a kid that have any decent film, but he's got good size (about 6'4", 185-pounds) and moves really well. Played a lot of H-back in their offense last night, a really solid blocker, and ran the ball the really well on a few occasions. Coaches at CC told me Brumfield talked with Baugh a lot, so there appears to be some definite interest there.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News