ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting WR target to visit later this month

Sean_Williams

Diddle Die Hard
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
51936656191_8c0be2a505_c.jpg

Ocala (Fla.) Vanguard wide receiver Cam'Ron King has a Top 3 that consists of Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, and Georgia Southern.

He's already visited Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern. A trip to Western Kentucky is on his schedule later in July on the 24th and 25th.

"What I like about their program is they are going to throw the ball and take shots deep and get their players into the open field," King said of his interest in Western Kentucky. "I also love the coaches' atmosphere. They are ready to develop players and get them ready to win games. They've been winning games consistently too, that's a big part."

Throughout his recruiting process, the 6-foot-1, 184-pound prospect has been building a relationship with WKU wide receivers coach Michael Spurlock.

"For starters, he's been where I'm trying to get, which is the NFL. So, he knows what it takes to get to the next level. Personality wise, very nice dude. You can tell he's ready to work. He's not all fancy like some coaches are. That's what I like about him. He seems like a coach you can come to and talk to about other stuff besides football."

Spurlock sees King as a prototypical do-it-all receiver for the Hilltoppers.

"He says I can play outside and in the slot. I'm long and I can take the top off."

Heading into his visit with the Hilltoppers later this month, King says WKU is No. 1 in his recruiting process currently.

ADVERTISEMENT