ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2023 Schedule

Not a bad slate with the revamped C-USA. I honestly, truly don't believe the new look C-USA will be as bad as many think it will be. NMSU and Liberty had good 2022 seasons and Sam Houston has had some strong FCS finishes in recent seasons.

I look at WKU's schedule next season and I see a possible 10-2, maybe 9-3 here personally, knowing Reed is back and the new receivers gained through the transfer portal.

Not a bad slate with the revamped C-USA. I honestly, truly don't believe the new look C-USA will be as bad as many think it will be. NMSU and Liberty had good 2022 seasons and Sam Houston has had some strong FCS finishes in recent seasons.

I look at WKU's schedule next season and I see a possible 10-2, maybe 9-3 here personally, knowing Reed is back and the new receivers gained through the transfer portal.
I agree, Liberty is the cream of the crop among the new additions and should continue to keep their program rolling with Jamey Chadwell there. Both Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State have had a recent run of success at the FCS level and New Mexico State had a nice bounce-back season under first-year head coach Jerry Kill.

It will be different, but should be fun. Gotta assume Western Kentucky will be the favorites to win the new-look Conference USA next season.

I agree, Liberty is the cream of the crop among the new additions and should continue to keep their program rolling with Jamey Chadwell there. Both Sam Houston State and Jacksonville State have had a recent run of success at the FCS level and New Mexico State had a nice bounce-back season under first-year head coach Jerry Kill.

It will be different, but should be fun. Gotta assume Western Kentucky will be the favorites to win the new-look Conference USA next season.
Liberty has so much money, it honestly doesn't know what to do with it. How many non-power five programs could throw the money it did at Hugh Freeze, he leaves, then throw a ton of money at Chadwell? I mean, they even have a ski resort on campus. Their facilities are ridiculous. If anyone makes the trek to Lynchburg in 2024, you'll really get a look at how valuable an asset Liberty is.

Agreed, Sean. With Austin Reed back, WKU should be pre-season favorite in 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT