ADVERTISEMENT

WKU targets shine at Vandy's FNL camp

svw311

Feix Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2012
Once again I was part of VandySports.com's camp coverage on Friday night where the Commodores had their "biggest" camp of the week called Friday Night Lights - a lot of the Dores top prospects were there and their were also a couple of prospects with WKU offers that performed very well.

Father Ryan (Tn) safety Andrew Rector was outstanding during 1-on-1's on Friday night. Closed well on receivers, used his length to reach in and disrupt a few passes, and moved really well both vertically and laterally. He also showed off his speed, running with some of the smaller, faster receivers on go-routes. This is the second time I've watched him camp this week, and I love his competitive attitude and his confidence on the field. I talked with him before camp and even though he was at Vanderbilt, he was really talking up WKU during our conversation. It's good to see the Hilltoppers in high regard.

Another WKU target that performed well at Vandy on Friday was Isiah Upton of East Nashville Magnet (Tn), he was working with the wide receivers (which is where WKU wants him) and is really starting to look the part, despite not playing the position on his high school team. His route-running was really crisp and he uses his hand well in not only making catches, but also when it comes to being physical with defensive back's and creating separation.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News