ADVERTISEMENT

Hulsey and Adeoye

Aug 13, 2009
What does everything think of these departures?

Hulsey and Adeoye to transfer, Kuhn resigns
Posted on April 4, 2014 by Chad Bishop
The Western Kentucky basketball program announced Friday that guard Payton Hulsey and forward Aaron Adeoye will not return for the 2014-15 season and that strength and conditioning coach Brandon Kuhn has resigned.

I can't speak specically on these departuree but believe there needs to be some kind of shake up to send a message to the team. Hopefully I'm not the only one who was disappointed in the team's performance this season. With Kentucky going to the championship game, Louisville losing to Kentucky in the NCAA tournment in the final minute, Eastern Kentucky getting an NCAA bid, and Murray State winning the CIT Championship, I believe other Kentucky schools are getting the publicity that WKU could use. Since Western is a basketball school, much like Kentucky, Louisville, and Murray State, I believe the Hilltoppers should always finish in the Mid-Major Top 25 poll every year. I realize Western defeated Murray State early in the season but am not sure if the Toppers were as good as the Racers in March. At any rate, WKU has too good of a reputation not to be among the region's best mid-major basketball programs. Anything less than a Top 25 mid-major ranking should be considered unacceptable. I'm sure Belmont and Murray State would feel the same way.
This post was edited on 4/6 1:04 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

Mid-Major Top 25

I dunno.... AA didnt really pan out like I thought. He had a few good games, but in far too many games... WKU got no interior production from anyone other than GF.

I'm a bit surprised that PH left...

Originally posted by Red Top:
What does everything think of these departures?

Hulsey and Adeoye to transfer, Kuhn resigns
Posted on April 4, 2014 by Chad Bishop
The Western Kentucky basketball program announced Friday that guard Payton Hulsey and forward Aaron Adeoye will not return for the 2014-15 season and that strength and conditioning coach Brandon Kuhn has resigned.
Out of the two transfers, I would say the biggest surprise is Hulsey just because there were times he provided a spark and put together some good efforts on the boards and passing the ball as well. Could definitely see the potential for his game to reach new heights in the future, unfortunately it won't be for the Hilltoppers and there could be a number of reasons why. Could be the point guard scenario, or the fact that maybe both Hulsey and Adeoye decided WKU just wasn't a good fit for them.

It seems like we're seeing a lot more transfers in college basketball in the past four years or so, that's just the way things are now.

Sean, I believe during one of the Topper Talk shows, Shane stated that he thought that Ray Harper is making progress with the program. Do you believe Harper is making enough progress to satisfy most WKU fans? Is it too much to expect the Toppers to become a top 25 mid-major program? If Belmont and Murray State can become one, why not Western?

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:

Sean, I believe during one of the Topper Talk shows, Shane stated that he thought that Ray Harper is making progress with the program. Do you believe Harper is making enough progress to satisfy most WKU fans? Is it too much to expect the Toppers to become a top 25 mid-major program? If Belmont and Murray State can become one, why not Western?
Yes, he did. I believe most WKU fans are satisfied and of course their are some that are not. It's not too much to expect WKU to be a top 25 mid-major program or to be a consistent 20-win team every season. I think people get too caught up in the now to realize that this past season was only Harper's second full season as head coach which is another point Shane re-iterated on the show.

I think the pieces are coming together for the program to achieve consistent success, they've done a nice job already.

ADVERTISEMENT