ADVERTISEMENT

Tops host Boston College Eagles

nashvillegoldenflash

Hilltopper Legend
Dec 10, 2006
With all the discussion about mid-majors being disrespected by the Power 5 conferences, this is a great opportunity for WKU to make a statement. I personally believe the Tops will win on Tuesday and advance in the NIT, but a loss will only help perpetuate the belief that mid-majors are unworthy of higher recognition. Boston College is ranked 12th in the Atlantic Coast Conference, which is the third highest ranked conference in the nation. The Tops are ranked 2nd in Conference USA, which is ranked 15th among Division I conferences. For Conference USA to ever improve its conference power ranking, it's games like this the league has to win.

The argument that Conference USA should be more than a one-bid league just doesn't hold water given its current 15 rank position. If it were true, then couldn't all the conferences ranked above Conference USA make the same claim?

Regardless whether you agree with me or not, a win against the Eagles will help elevate WKU's power ranking and give the Tops an opportunity to advance in the NIT.

Go Tops!!!

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

Last edited:
Buffalo 89
Arizona 68

We are the.......

mac_logo_white_and_wide.0.png

Toledo should have also been in the NCAA Tournament because the Rockets gave Buffalo a competitive game in the MAC Championship without the MAC Player of the Year, who injured himself the night before in the semi-finals and had to sit out.

ADVERTISEMENT