ADVERTISEMENT

2023 DT/DE/OLB Eliyt Nairne offered by WKU

drew_toennies

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2021
2023 defensive tackle, defensive end and outside linebacker Eliyt Nairne from Olympic High School in Charlotte, N.C. picked up an offer from Western Kentucky on Wednesday, May 18.

The rising senior out of Charlotte announced the offer over social media on Wednesday evening.

The 6-foot-2, 270-pound defensive tackle is unranked on Rivals.com and has seven schools interested as well as two offers. The FutureFanCast is predicting a 100% he commits to North Carolina.

Nairne provided InsideHilltopperSports.com with an updated list of his offers. He said that he's been offered by Old Dominion, Liberty, Kent State, East Carolina, Tulane, Richmond, Georgia State, Holy Cross, Rhode Island, Norfolk State, North Carolina Central, Wofford, Western Kentucky and Navy.

Nairne talked about how it felt to pick up an offer from the Hilltoppers and how significant the offer was to him.

"It feels great to know that hard work and consistency actually pays off," Nairne said. "Before the offer, I've known little to nothing about Western Kentucky. Now that I have been given that chance to play there, I am all in on learning about the school and the football program."

Nairne conversed with Coach Raekwon Bethea. He said that his conversation went over really well.

"I talked to Coach Raekwon Bethea," Nairne said. "The conversation went really good. We are close in age, so I felt a connection through that alot. He talks very thoroughly and seems real genuine about his job and the improvement of young men like myself."

Bethea said that he will try to make it up to Western Kentucky for a visit this summer and he additionally revealed the list of camps he's attending.

"I will most definitely make my best effort to," Bethea said. "It's always good to check out a place before making that life changing decision. A couple camps that are set in stone are East Carolina, Duke and the University of South Carolina."

Nairne also talked about how his career at Olympic High School has helped prepare him to make that jump to college football and how his coaches have helped him develop as a player.

"It has been great having great coaches like Daren Hart and Kenny Kerns teaching me college level things while I'm in high school," Nairne said. "They're also helping me up my business man talk."

Nairne said what makes him such a weapon on the turf is his ability to always find the ball no matter where he is on the field.

"The way I can always find the ball makes me stand out," Nairne said. "Whether it's 30-yards down the field or near the sideline, I will be there."

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News