ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 OL Elias Cloy reoffered by WKU

drew_toennies

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2021
2023 offensive lineman Elias Cloy from Alpharetta High School was reoffered by Western Kentucky on Friday, May 13.

The junior out of Alpharetta, GA. announced the reoffer from the Hilltoppers over social media on Friday afternoon.

Cloy is a three-star prospect on Rivals.com and has a 5.5 Rivals rating. The rising senior has garnered the interest of 23 schools and has collected 18 offers. According to FanFutureCast, there's a 100% chance that Cloy will end up committing to Marshall.

In addition to two offers from Western Kentucky, Cloy has also received offers from Alabama State, Arkansas State, Bucknell, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Fordham, Georgia Tech, Grambling State, Harvard, Holy Cross, Lehigh, Liberty, Louisville, Marshall, Massachusetts, Middle Tennessee State and Troy.

The 6-foot-4, 280-pound athlete spoke with InsideHilltopperSports.com about his reoffer from the Hilltoppers and what it meant to him as a player?

"It feels great," Cloy said. "Obviously I was excited the first time they offered me because that was my first offer ever. When they got a new coaching staff, I wondered if they would contact me and still be interested. Coach Lankford definitely was when he came by the school this morning to give me the good news."

Cloy said that he received his first offer from former WKU offensive line coach Stephen Hamby and that he was reoffered by WKU assistant coach, co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Zach Lankford.

"I was offered by Coach Hamby at a camp last summer and Coach Lankford came to practice this morning, watched me work and said I still have an offer from him and WKU."

Cloy has already visited Western Kentucky as he attended the 100 Miles of Hate rivalry game at Houchens-Smith Stadium this past season.

"I have made a visit," Cloy said. "I was at the game where WKU played MTSU. I want to make a trip back to see how everything is going."

Cloy said that while watching the Hilltoppers take on the Blue Raiders, he was really impressed with both the offensive and defensive showcase from Western Kentucky.

"First things first, a very exciting team offense," Cloy said. "It was high pace with a lot of throws and the defense was electric. I loved watching the offensive line and I know that’s a cliché but those guys were helping the offense move the whole day."

Cloy additonally talked about what makes him a game-changer on the turf and what makes him a weapon on any offensive line.

"What makes me a game changer is my pass blocking ability," Cloy said. "I’ve had a great teacher at Velocity Sports Training who has helped me so much with my game. And of course nastiness. I want to finish the block whenever I get a chance and when I get ahold of you, I’m not letting go."

Cloy said that if he had to compare his playstyle and technique to one player at the professional level, it would have to be Green Bay Packers offensive tackle David Bakhtiari.

"I would say I resemble David Bakhtiari from the Green Bay Packers," Cloy said. "His footwork is so smooth on pass blocks and my footwork is pretty good due to my basketball background."

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News