ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops recruiting notes

Sean_Williams

Diddle Die Hard
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
A few basketball recruiting notes to pass along on some info I've gathered in the last couple of days...

- It appears that WKU is now in the mix for Morgan Park (Ill.) 2016 point guard Charlie Moore. Moore was originally signed with Memphis, but got out of his LOI when Josh Pastner went to Georgia Tech. Now, the Chicago area product is a hot commodity for a lot of teams to add to their 2016 class. According to an article with the Illinois Rivals site, Moore has a list of schools that include: Vanderbilt, Iowa, SMU, DePaul, Illinois, Miami (Fla.), WKU, Cal, UNLV, and Georgia Tech. While this article says he will make a decision in the "next week or so" I've heard that his decision is actually expected to go beyond May 18th.

Decision near for Illinois Mr. Basketball

- In terms of 2017 recruiting, I have confirmed that assistant coach Chris Cheeks has reached out to North Laurel (Ky.) shooting guard Peyton Broughton, so contact has been re-established with one of Kentucky's best prospects.

- In talking with Evelyn Mack Academy (N.C.) athletic director Greg Primus about 2016 point guard target Damari Parris, Primus also informed me that WKU is recruiting two of their 2017 prospects in Isaiah Whaley, a 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward and Quamain Nelson, a 6-foot-8, 205-pound forward. Both Whaley and Nelson play for Team United on the Nike EYBL circuit.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News